Thursday, August 27, 2015

Image result for cute eagle clip art

I hope everyone has had an opportunity to do some reading and use their "Eagle Eyes" at home this week!  

"Eagle Eyes" are just one the many beginning reading strategies your child will be using as they learn to become confident, successful, and independent readers this year.  Using your "Eagle Eyes" is easy, and something every reader should do.  

First, I'll take a good, long look at the pictures on the page. 

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

Now I'll start to read.
Yikes!!!  I don't know that word!

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg


Oh, wait!  I already used my "Eagle Eyes" to check the picture!  I saw a cow--so this word must be cow!

Now, I'll read the whole sentence one more time, and use my "Eagle Eyes" one more time just to make sure the words I read match the picture!

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg


Whooo!!!!  Hooo!!!!
I did it just right!!  


HAPPY READING!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment