Thursday, August 3, 2017

Rules and Expectations

We spent a lot of time talking about rules and expectations today.  

We started our day by reading No David! by David Shannon and talking about expected and unexpected behaviors.  We decided that we were all a little like David--everyone makes mistakes--but, we can work hard to try to fix them and be happy in the end.  

Image result for no david

Then we talked about our classroom rules and expectations.

1.  I will treat other people the way I would like to treated.
2.  I will walk quietly in the hallway.
3.  I will listen quiety and follow directions the very first time.
4.  I will keep my hands feet and objects to myself.
5.  I will work hard and try my best at everything I do.

Everyone worked hard to show expected behaviors and many of us earned horseshoes or moved our clips up to orange or blue throughout the day!  YAY!  #motivatedmustang


If you would like to listen David's story, click here. 

Take some time to talk your child about David and how he fixed his mistakes at school.  How can you fix your mistakes too?

No comments:

Post a Comment